Cloud Hosting has been the go-to hosting option for a large business with heavy traffic on their website. Cloud Hosting basically stores data on multiple servers. The data can then be accessed through a cloud which is connected to this network of servers via the internet. The major benefits of Cloud Hosting are reliability and scalability. However, the requirements of a web developer are quite different from that of a business website. In this article, we will scrutinize this very fact.
What are the requirements of a web developer?
Web developers’ expectations may be in contrast to those of a business or bloggers. So, it is important to understand their needs before delving into the benefits of Cloud Hosting.
- Coding languages: The most popular and widely used language by host providers is PHP. Few developers might need other coding language options such as Python or Node.js. Shared Hosting does not provide such flexibility to the user.
- Reliability: Web developers need tools that are heavy on the server. Developing application requires many resources which can be taxing on the traditional hosting options.
- Scalability: Their primary work involves developing websites and applications for their clients. Each project may involve the different requirement of resources. It is very important that the hosting has the feature of scalability to sync the resources as per the needs of the project.
- Cost-effective: One cannot ignore the price tag attached. The hosting which can meet all their requirements without putting a hole in their pocket would be the preferred choice among developers.
Benefits of Cloud Hosting for a developer
- Scaling server resources: One can scale the resources of the server from their very own dashboard, without asking the provider anytime. This is an ideal feature for developers who need to scale resources as per their needs.
- Lightning speed: Cloud Hosting provides incredible speed as the servers have low density. Using it with a CDN can drastically improve page load speed and consequently, user experience.
- Redundant performance: As the load is not limited to a single server and gets shared between multiple servers, Cloud Hosting is a great choice for developers looking for reliability and optimum performance. If a single server malfunctions, your site would still be running from concurrent servers.
- Security concerns: The feature of data mirroring keeps the data secure from cyberattacks. Also, data backup and recovery on a cloud is a cakewalk. This feature is a must for developers who are handling sensitive information on behalf of their clients.
- Cost-effective: Most Cloud Hosting providers offer affordably priced plans. This allows the developer to use scalable and secure resources at low prices.
We can easily imply that Cloud Hosting is a great option for developers as they can depend on the cloud infrastructure to develop applications and websites for their clients. Not only does it provide the benefit of scalability to the developer but also comes at an affordable pricing structure. There are many Cloud Hosting providers in the market. However, from a developer’s perspective, it is important to understand the infrastructure they are offering before getting clients on board. The one-size-fits-all approach may be harmful to your business.